Sunday, May 8, 2016

Your body knows what's for dinner.

I was sipping on a cup of hot green tea this evening, reflecting on my eating, and came to this big revelation. When my body is telling me what to eat, sometimes my mind chimes in and says something that's totally off the menu the body suggested. And I begin to listen to the ramblings of the mind, and I eat some more.

Or I follow the wisdom of being aware of a change in taste. Food changes its taste when your body is done eating. What happens when the taste doesn't change? Sometimes I allow the food to continue tasting good, and sometimes I will myself to stop. But eating with body choices is supposed to be easy. Anything that isn't easy, such as you grappling with a dinner selection, isn't the body. The mind is at work, when thinking is involved.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/05/non-diet-diet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment